154Taps, 130 Bottles
We love our beer at the Windber Hotel and we take it seriously, but not too seriously, it is beer after all. And since we love America so damn much, we focus on the fine, craft brewed beer produced right here on our soil. We rotate 12 of our 14 taps year round to feature seasonal selections, hard to find beers and year round favorites. Our staff always try to ensure that there is a beer on draft to fit your palate. And just in case, we keep about 130 bottled selections on hand, comprising a well-rounded beer spread complimented by seasonal offerings, limited batch releases and beers new to the market. Oh, and just to show we aren't resting on our laurels, we've started a cellaring program, aging hand-selected beers in the dark, cool confines of our basement beer vault. The beers selected all have the propensity to age and improve in the bottle and we'll break them out from time to time to reward our patrons.
WHy We Love Craft Beer
- Craft brewers are small brewers.
- The hallmark of craft beer and craft brewers is innovation. Craft brewers interpret historic styles with unique twists and develop new styles that have no precedent.
- Craft beer is generally made with traditional ingredients like malted barley; interesting and sometimes non-traditional ingredients are often added for distinctiveness.
- Craft brewers tend to be very involved in their communities through philanthropy, product donations, volunteerism, and sponsorship of events.
- Craft brewers have distinctive, individualistic approaches to connecting with their customers.
- Craft brewers maintain integrity by what they brew and their general independence, free from a substantial interest by a non-craft brewer.